Tuesday, March 16, 2010

MCAII Test is on the Horizon

All 11th grade students in Minnesota, including our very own NBAHS Class of 2011, will be taking the MCAII Test in Mathematics on April 13th and 14th.  The whole testing thing certainly gets me worked up a bit when it comes to teaching and learning.  I have been very proactively assessing my students the past 12 weeks to get some sort of measure as to whether or not they will be successful on the MCAII test.  I currently teach about 110 11th grade students and I am confident that 40 of them will be successful/proficient and "Meet" or  "Exceed" the standards.  There is another population of students that could "meet" the standards of "Partially" meet the standards.  I am hoping we can get these students to do some extra prep work the next few weeks (unfortunatley we have spring break and easter break before the test...fewer classrooom days).  Then there are the 15 or so students that I am most certain will not meet the standards at all.  What do you say to an 11th grade student who, when asked what the radius of a circle with a diameter of 6 inches is and he replies with "huh?" or "I don't know!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment