Saturday, November 7, 2009

NCTM Minneapolis

Spending two days out of the classroom may be a welcome "vacation" for some teachers but I was really worried about it.  I am glad that NCTM Minneapolis offered some really good workshops.  I managed to sit in on 10 different sessions, 9 of which were worth while.  I really enjoyed the Mathematical Lense session as I have always liked the column in the magazine and, as many of you may know, I also enjoy photography.  The sessions that were centered around problem solving and reasoning were great and the information/discussion sessions about the new publication "reasoning and sense making in high school mathematics" was really enlightening.

I will be out of the classroom one more day on Monday for another workshop (this one local) so I won't see my students until Tuesday.  I am excited to try some new ideas and get my students working on with while problem solving and reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment