Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Picture is Worth...

I consider myself an amateur photographer even though my wife and I actually earn some money from what we do.  I love taking pictures and I often feel that I take too many.  I have started to gather photos of architecture, design, nature, and just about anything else that in one way or another shows how MATHEMATICS surrounds us.  I want to share many of these and use them in classroom discussions.  I am also extending an open invitation to all math students to join me in taking "Snapshots of Math".

Here is a recent photo I took when I was in Duluth.  What do you see?  You can write a summary of any math that you see, along with an explanation (in your own words) and receive some extra credit.



Something to Think About!

Later,
Mr C

No comments:

Post a Comment